Sunday, August 23, 2009

Reply to Sannyasnews Comments

This is some responses to comments made by people in "sannyasnews.com". I hope it helps clarrify some objections.

When Osho was a living breathing buddha sleeping in his bedroom he requested the bedroom stripped of all its marble. He gave it to his beloved sannyassins.

Like the issue of Osho’s bedroom marble you are again deceived. Have a closer look! I am not quoting Osho, nor am I using anything that he has or has not supposedly said to back up my position. I am asking you to investigate what your intelligence says about Osho. As I stated clearly each person will have a point of view more or less in line with Osho….who knows?? I am not stating my point of view about Osho, I am asking what yours is.

Again you are deceived with my name. Every time I write Harri you write Hari. I would not be surprised if again you do not see the difference. For your benefit the first name has two r’s. The second name has just one.

What about this online poll…absurd that I may change anything with this poll. It is clearly stated in the title that this poll is a TRIAL.

You don’t like this person or that person in the poll list. I simply wrote out 21 names that came into my mind. The poll, as with the names, simply helps to give context to the concept of an elected inner-circle. It gives some names that will make people think…many are former inner-circle members…some have little if any association with Osho…others (quite a lot of them) are banned.

Osho gave interesting lectures on the concept of moving from monarchy or dictatorship, to democracy, and then to meritocracy. It is my opinion that a refined democracy is a meritocracy.

Of course the inner-circle will not give way to a democratic process. It would be absurd to think they would simply give away their power. If enough people participate in the various on-line polls, this gives weight to the submission of the proposal of democratic reform to various governmental institutions. If I was the Indian government I sure would not want a Sheela fiasco on my doorstep. Also, no doubt government authorities thought it was great when the ashram was bringing in an abundance of tourism and foreign currency. During the majority of the year the resort is now turning into a little family circus.

For important posts in most constitutional democracies (the president for example) the stipulation of only a limited number of terms or years in office is not there by coincidence. Nor is it coincidental that many presidents try and change this: Hugo Chavez (Venezuela) and Micheletti (Honduras) to name two recent ones. The mayor of New York (Bloomberg) is another example.

It is not whether or not the pagoda was demolished. It is not whether or not it will be reconstructed. It is not whether or not we sit like a buddha. It is why?

No comments:

Post a Comment